Procedure of the Service and Settlement of Customer Complain
PROCEDURE OF THE SERVICE AND SETTLEMENT OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS
With reference to applicable laws and regulations, please be informed that the Procedure for the Service and Settlement of Customer Complaint at PT Bank DBS Indonesia (“Bank”) issued based on the principles of accessibility, independency, fairness, efficiency and effectiveness is as follows:
Procedure for the Submission of Complaint to the Bank
The submission of complaint to the Bank can only be done by customer or customer’s representative acting for and on behalf of customer. Customer may submit complaint to the Bank through several methods as follows:
- Verbal complaint:
- Customer visits the nearest branch of the Bank and submit the complaint to Relationship Manager/Customer Service Manager; or
- Customer contacts the Bank by telephone to submit the complaint through DBSI Customer Centre at 0804 1500 327 or +6221 29852888 (from outside Indonesia). Our Customer Centre is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Customer contacts the Bank via menu Live Chat in digibank by DBS Application.
Verbal complaint shall be handled and settled within 5 (five) business days since complaint received date. If it takes more than 5 (five) business days to handle and settle the complaint, Bank shall inform customer to submit written complaint.
- Written complaint:
Written complaint can be submitted by letter or email by enclosing copy of identity and other supporting documents. Written complaint shall be settled within 20 (twenty) business days since complaint received by Bank. In certain conditions, Bank may extend complaint settlement period up to maximum the following 20 (twenty) business days by giving written notification of such extension to customer before the first 20 (twenty) business days period expires.
Confidentiality of Customer Data
Bank shall maintain data confidentiality of customer, who submits complaint, from any party, except:
- To the Financial Service Authority;
- In the framework of complaint settlement;
- Required by the law and regulations; and/or
- Other party with approval from the respective customer.
If Bank has made efforts to settle the complaint but customer cannot accept such settlement or the settlement process has exceeded the deadline as stated above, customer may proceed the complaint through Banking Mediation.
BANKING MEDIATIONDispute is the complaint which has not yet achieved settlement agreement between Customer and Bank. In terms of Customer declines the complaint response from Bank, Dispute Settlement can be carried out through following channels:
- Facilitation; Dispute resolution efforts with bring together consumers and PUJK to review the problem fundamentally in order to obtain an agreement on the settlement of the Dispute the result is stated in the agreement deed or facilitation minutes.
- Out of Court dispute settlement through Lembaga Alternatif Penyelesaian Sengketa Sektor Jasa Keuangan (Alternative Dispute Settlement Institution Financial Services Sector) that included in Alternative Dispute Settlement Institution List Financial Services Sector establish by Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (Financial Service Authority)
- The court line through the South Jakarta District Court in Jakarta or other relevant court of the branch where a DBS product is given.
Submission of settlement efforts refers to the applicable regulations and/or laws
In terms of dispute settlement is not done through Lembaga Alternatif Penyelesaian Sengketa, Customer may submit the request to OJK to facilitate Customer complaint related to banking in general settlement with following requirements:
- Customer financial loss caused by the Bank is with maximum amount of Rp 500.000.000,00 (Five hundred million Rupiah)
- Customer submits the request in written together with sufficient supporting documents in the forms of:
- Photocopy of the letter regarding the Dispute settlement sent by the Bank to the customer;
- Photocopy of the customer’s identity which is still valid;
- A statement signed on sufficient stamp duty that the respective dispute is not is not in the process or has not been decided by an arbitration institution, court or another Banking Mediation institution, and has never been processed in a Banking Mediation facilitated by the Financial Service Authority/Bank Indonesia; format of the statement letter is available based on the applicable provisions Formulir Permohonan Layanan Pengaduan
- Photocopy of the supporting documents related to the respective dispute; and
- Photocopy of a power of attorney, if the submission of the settlement of dispute is authorized to another person
The submission of the dispute settlement by a customer is addressed to:
The Chairman of the Board of Commissioners of the Financial Service Authority
Attn. Consumer Education and Protection Sector
Menara Radius Prawiro – 2nd Floor
Bank Indonesia Office Complex
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 2
with a copy to the Bank.
- Complaint submitted is not in the process or has never been decided by an arbitration institution or court, or other Banking Mediation.
- The respective dispute is a civil dispute;
- Complaint submitted has never been facilitated by OJK;
- Dispute settlement is requested not more than 60 (sixty) business days after Bank submits letter of dispute settlement to Customer.
- Bank has made a concerted effort to settle Customer complaint but Customer could not accept the settlement;
- agreement to choose the dispute settlement facilitated OJK; and
- agreement to obey and subject to the facilitation rules set by OJK.
Complaints related to the implementation of the duties of the monetary, payment system and macroprudential authorities can be submitted to Bank Indonesia by clicking the following link https://www.bi.go.id/id/layanan/pengaduan-konsumen/default.aspx
For dispute transaction, please email scanned copy of form Link Affidavit Form Kartu Kredit / Affidavit Form Kartu Debit , relevant documentation and copy of ID card to email@example.com