Currency Linked Investments
At a Glance
Available in various foreign currencies
Freedom to decide the base and alternative currencies as well as the period and foreign exchange rates. Foreign currency placements include in United States Dollar (USD), European Euro (EUR), Australian Dollar (AUD), British Pound Sterling (GBP) and New Zealand Dollar (NZD).
Lucrative return on investment
Much higher potential returns compared to traditional banking products.
Investment with unprotected principal on maturity
The Customer may sustain a loss when the amount is converted to an alternative currency on maturity.
Features & Benefits
Start now and secure your future through investing. Together with Currency Linked Investment (CLI), seize the opportunity to invest in the foreign exchange market with much higher return potential compared to traditional time deposit in a shorter period. You have the freedom to determine the base currency, alternatives, period and exchange value:
- This investment product is a combination of the customer’s deposit and selling option transactions, so the investor has more opportunity for higher returns compared to regular deposit account.
- At the end of the investment period, the Customer will receive the initial investment plus the returns in the placement currency or the alternative currency of the initial pair of currencies chosen at the date of the transaction.
- The principal investment value is not protected, and the Customer could potentially lose the value when the customer’s money is converted to an alternative currency at the end of the period. The conversion will refer to the determined strike price at the date of the transaction.
- The return will be at a fixed value and delivered at the end of the period.
- Placement period is up to six months.
- The placement is made in the available currencies at Bank DBS Indonesia, including USD, EUR, AUD, GBP, and NZD, except in Indonesian Rupiah.
- CLI has variants, including CLI KIKO. The conversion at CLI KIKO will take place when the following three conditions are met: 1. The spot value never touches the KO level during the observation period, 2. The KI value touches the KI level during the observation period, 3. On the predetermined date and hour, the alternative currency is weaker than the conversion level (strike price).
Potential loss may occur if the Customer'’'s currency is converted to the alternative currency, leaving the customer’s main investment not fully protected at the end of the period
How to Apply
Should you need more information, contact our Relationship Manager,